Tuesday, 25 April 2017

Wonderful Wednesday #17

I would like to dedicate this week's Wonderful Wednesday to the lovely Sally, without who's little tweet, I'd have missed it for a second week running!!

So I made some notes ready to do last week's post, but thanks to all those Easter Bank Holidays, I confess that I forgot it was Tuesday when I got home from work and by Wednesday I was just too busy!  You'll forgive me for including twice as many Wonderful things this week!

Without further ado... let's get on with that Wonderful...

✩ Home cooking. I made a big batch of Bolognese last week, the first time cooking a proper dish rather than meat'n'veg or some-such mishmash of food. Can't beat it - home cooking, that is. Give me a full home cooked Sunday roast any day of the week (literally!)!

✩ The promise of fruit. I bought my Mum a dwarf pear tree a few years ago and it sits on her patio all year round. In the last few week's it's been blossoming, which will be followed by fruit. In fact, this week, there's actually a teeny tiny pear starting to form!! Can't wait for it to develop fully - it gives a good dozen pears each year... yum yum,

✩ Children's playtime. On Good Friday I met up with my dearest friend and her 5 year-old (with our respective other halves) and it was just so adorable watching her little one get all over-excited and just running and jumping everywhere! We were at a family fun park and she has very little fear so was going for all the rides without hesitation (except for the odd wobble just before going on, which we can forgive). Her parents love theme parks and have even gone abroad specifically for theme parks, so they have trained her well!

✩ Being natural. My hair is the funny sort of hair that sometimes has difficulty knowing if it wants to be straight or wavy. It's quite good to mix it up sometimes as I don't dye it so there's not a lot else to do to give it some variety. Since moving jobs to a different firm I've become quite lazy with my hair, meaning that more often than I ever used to, I decide to leave it to dry naturally and it doesn't always go well. However, I think my hairdresser has FINALLY created a layer pattern that works, so this last few times it's looked half decent and it feels so much better to just leave it to its own devices and not ruin it with product or heat.

✩ New things. Not very exciting in the scheme of things, but this week I've bought a new pair of running shoes and some new clothes for work. May seem boring, but it actually has given me a bit of a boost in both of those areas. I've made sure I set aside time to exercise again and I've put more effort in to getting ready in the mornings (see above too), despite the 5.20am alarm.

✩ Perfume. OK so it's kind of an extension of the last one, but for years I've worn the same perfume day in and day out. Even my "special occasion" perfume has been the same for years. For my birthday I was bought a few different perfumes and this week I've been wearing them a little bit in rotation. Makes me feel better to have a nice smell wafting around me!

✩ Salad. In all honesty, I think the salad is probably my least favourite lunchtime food. However, this week - somewhat stupidly given we've returned to Arctic conditions - I've broken out the salad box to take to work and been making up some lovely salads with spinach, beetroot, pickled onion and all kinds of other yummy goodness. I think for a limited time each year the salad is welcome and can't be beaten - seems that this week has been that time for me!

And I think I'm done for this week!  Bit of an odd collection this week of things that have been highlights for me; some from a while ago and some from right now. Let me know if anything strikes a chord with you!  See you next week lovelies...

No comments:

Post a Comment